Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Birth of a Smile...

0

[Note: I decided to do a happy post in hopes of negating my previous one]

Winter, the season of death. Trees are bare, animals hibernate, people are wearing black, the weather is cold and disgusting and the lack of sunlight is unbearable. After the 3.5 months are done, spring comes. Oh wonderful spring, the season of rebirth. Trees and flowers are in bloom, animals are having sex and giving birth to offspring, pastel colors, florals and prints are being worn, the weather is ideal and the sun, the beautiful sun is shining!

To get ready for spring I picked up two books. The first, A Midsummer Night's Dream. My favorite comedy by Shakespeare. The second, The Happiness Project, and it's amazing. Gretchen Rubin, author, decided to make her life that much better by starting what she called "The Happiness Project." She researched what happiness is, what causes happiness, how to be more happy and other things like that, and she tried to apply them all to her life. She decided to commence her project as her new year's resolution. Each month she would tackle a part of her life she needed to improve that would help her reach a higher level of happiness (Energy, Marriage, Friendship, Parenting, Family, things that that). She would carry each goal into the next month so in December all of them would come together.

Over the summer I'm going to do my own mini happiness project. Very excited.

Life is what you make it, so make it happy. Try so see the brighter side of things, things happen for a reason, both good and bad. Smile more often, I thing I read somewhere that you'll feel more happy if you simply smile more often you'll feel happier. Do small things for yourself! Stop thinking of others for once, put yourself first sometimes. Spend time with friends, do things you like. Listen to happy music! Music is such a big part of my life. When I listen to happy music, I become more happy. It's as easy as that.

Believe I know what I'm talking about, my friends don't call me Sunshine for nothing.

No Response to "Birth of a Smile..."

Post a Comment