Friday, April 16, 2010

An Oldie but Goodie...

0
Dear Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich,

How I love thee so.

Always and forever,
Taylor

So, the good ol' PB&J. We all used to eat them in grade school during our lunch period. Mom would diagonally cut in half with the crust cut off and don't forget your glass of milk. So many different varieties. Bread: Do you want the classic white bread, the healthy wheat bread or maybe you could be a little eccentric and try a little of that yellow potato bread. Peanut butter: Creamy or crunchy? Jelly: so many flavors to choose from and there's also the jam alternative. Then there's the ratio of peanut butter to jelly. Do you prefer more peanut butter or more jelly? Or are the kind of person who needs constant balance in your life? There's so much to take into consideration.

Usually PB&J fades out of your diet in middle school into high school. That's not the case for me. I love PB&Js. I'm in college and I still eat them. I like my PB&J on white bread [I know it's not good for you but I don't give a damn] smooth, creamy peanut butter, preferably Jiff with grape jelly. Ideally, there should be 1/4 jelly and 3/4 peanut butter. And I do enjoy the occasional crunchy peanut butter, it all depends on my mood.

I almost forgot! We can't forget PB&J's partners in crime! Fluff and bananas are the traditional choices. But I've also heard of apples, which isn't too far-fetched, but also bacon...I don't judge when it comes to food, I'll try anything once, but that never would have crossed my mind. There's also honey, syrup, raisins, marshmallows, chocolate and even dried fruit.


No Response to "An Oldie but Goodie..."

Post a Comment