Friday, March 19, 2010

A Happiness Dream Project

0
To get even more excited for Spring I've decided to read A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare and The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin.

I don't think I need to explain A Midsummer Night's Dream but I must say it is my favorite Shakespearean play. I've always wanted to be Robin Goodfellow, a.k.a. Puck. I remember the first time I read it. I was a Freshman in high school and not apart of the english honors class. I went to my teacher to ask if I could have a copy of AMND and she was thrilled that I was so interested in reading it. I was one of the very few students who loved reading Shakespeare. Having only read one Shakespearean play in class before this, Romeo and Juliet, it was somewhat difficult to read but I pushed through it. That same year we went on a field trip to a theatre which was showing AMND. It was amazing. The show itself was great, but the costumes really caught my eye. The show looked like so much fun and I wanted to be a part of it.

Now, I wanted to buy books that would be very happy or funny to get me excited for Spring. So picking The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle and Generally Have More Fun was simple, it's right in the name. The book is a memoir of a woman who decided that, even though she had a great family and a successful career, she felt that something was missing. She decided to start a year-long journey to learn how to lead a happier life. Each month she tackled a different task - go to sleep earlier, bring people together, take time to be silly - along with many other goals. She read books of Aristotle, Churchill, Oprah. You get the idea. I haven't started it yet but I'm very anxious.

No Response to "A Happiness Dream Project"

Post a Comment