Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Little Things...

0
I'm that kind of person who notices the little weird things that happen in life. When I walk through the hustle and bustle of the New York sidewalks I try to take in what's going on around me. I love to see what people are doing, saying, acting and looking like. One of my favorite things is when you are crossing the street while other people are also coming to the corner from a "perpendicular" side and you pass right behind or right in in front of them. I hope that's understandable.

Something wonderful happened on my way to work today. I got off at 5th and 53rd and walking up the second escalator the person in front of me got off and went to the left, I went to the right, then, out of the corner of my, I saw the person behind me go to the left. I stopped turned around and the next person went the right, then left...and that happened for the next five people. Too amazing.

Oh how the subway can just piss me off and make me just a little happier at the same time. Like many people I've stood around or sometimes leaned against that dirty, disease ridden poll, waiting for that god-damned subway to make it's way to the station. What makes that long, smelly wait worth it is when that door stops right in front of you. How glorious is that! Just standing around, and you happen to pick the right spot.

Things like that just make my day just a little bit brighter.

No Response to "The Little Things..."

Post a Comment