Friday, March 26, 2010

Hoppípolla...

0

I love Sigur Rós and their music videos. Once I watched this movie the first thing I though of was how people tend to get lost in their age. The older you become, the more you forget how it was to be young. How it felt. We grow, we age, we mature and then what? I know we don't all become these boring old people who do nothing but sit around all day and complain about the nation's youth but...I don't know. I feel that this video has the right idea, you need to keep in touch with that inner child or you'll rot away.

Parents need to remember this especially. What were you doing when you were 18? Sitting at home bonding with your family? No. You were out in the world with your friends trying to make sense of it all. And when you did make sense of it, and you didn't like it, you went against the establishment and tried to change it, which is what our youth is about. Change. Even when you're between 17-25 you're still young and still naive about the world. When you see something you don't like you think "Well, let's change it." It could be from the Green Revolution, to helping suffering people, to how your town is being run...I don't know. But it's because the youth is naive about this, and being the youth, we won't shut up until we get our way and we see change. So either we'll take initiative or receive help from "older" people who have the resources to help.

[This is becoming quite the rant]

So all-in-all, people need to remember the good times of their youth and hold on to that. Don't let your age define who you are. I sure as hell don't. I'm 20 and my weekends mostly consist of homework and reading. I don't go to clubs and all that hoopla. Besides that, when you grow up you begin to carry more responsibility, don't let it weigh you down.

Have fun with your life, you only have one...unless you believe in reincarnation...which you may get more than one until you reach the highest point or something...I don't know, look it up for yourself.

No Response to "Hoppípolla..."

Post a Comment